Being a store owner can be challenging when you don’t know how to build an eCommerce business online. Having a strong online business presence is important for any business. In the last few years, the eCommerce industry has seen exponential growth. More and more people are buying products online.eCommerce platforms are the perfect way to start an online store. There are several options available – the most preferable is Magento 2 to reach a global audience.
- First, why use Magento 2 to build your online business?
- A step-by-step guide to building Magento 2 Ecommerce Business
- In Conclusion
In this article, we will share a detailed guide that shows how to create an eCommerce website in Magento 2. Also, you can launch a successful online business with this open-source platform. So, let’s dive right into it.
Table of Contents
Magento is the most popular eCommerce platform among developers and merchants. It is an open-source platform written in PHP and was acquired by Adobe Inc later in 2018.
Magento 2 operates differently than other platforms that offer the most powerful content management system for different sizes of business. It incorporates advanced features and functionalities easily to meet the expectations of online stores.
- It offers a wide range of toolsets and well-developed CMS to fulfill business needs.
- Extensions and themes are easy to integrate and make development easier.
- Allow creating multiple stores online with a single installation of Magento.
- Because of its high performance, it offers a smooth and fast user experience.
- It can help to manage large catalogs with a user-friendly admin system.
- Magento 2 provides fraud prevention features against internet threats.
- It supports SEO functionalities to get the desired results and achieve the highest ranking on search engines.
- Allows admin to create multiple promotional programs using built-in tools and plugins.
- Able to maximize profits by optimizing the store performance.
- Proper report and analytics solutions to keep track of the Magento 2 website performance.
Now, you understand why you should use a powerful platform like Magento 2 Here, we will cover the steps you need to know for launching a store with a free Magento version. These quick steps help to set up a website on Magento 2 for small and medium enterprises.
Step 1: Check Technical Stack Requirements
Like other platforms, Magento has certain prerequisites that need to meet. Also, the website can run on the host server smoothly. So, make sure you have the following things to use Magento 2.0:
- Easy to install on Linux OS such as Ubuntu and Redhat. For developing on Mac and windows, you will need MAMP applications.
- Apache or Nginx web servers can work for Magento 2.
- To install and configure Magento set up, it will require 2 GB RAM only.
- Connect easily with MySQL database as a backend.
- Magento 2 supports all the versions of PHP 7.
- Secure Socket Layers (SSL) certificates can prevent threats from hackers. Also, It secures data transfers between hosts and servers.
- Need mail transfer agent to secure mail messaging using SMTP servers.
Step 2: Select a Domain Name
Choosing the right domain is still critical for building eCommerce businesses. It acts as a web address and shows what you sell online.
You can choose an attractive and catchy domain name for your website.
A good domain name will give your brand identity and support SEO tools for marketing. A domain also provides you with an email address.
Step 3: Choose a Suitable Web Hosting
Selecting a web hosting provider is important to building an online business store. You will need to look for hosting services that help to improve the conversion rate of your Magento 2 store.
The hosting plan includes an SSL certificate and also offers domain name registration. When choosing a hosting, make sure it scale-up your business and maximizes ROI.
A host server can also optimize the speed of the website and reduce the response time. Some popular hosting providers are Bluehost, hosting, and DreamHost.
Step 4: Download and Install Magento 2
After purchasing hosting and setting up an account, it is time to download and install Magento 2 open source. You can set up a Magento site within minutes.
Step 5: Select and Customize Magento 2 Theme
Get both free and paid themes from the Magento marketplace. You can choose any theme and add them to your cart. Check out these steps to install the themes to the Magento 2 store:-
- Create access keys: Go to Marketplace> My products> Generate new keys> and assign a name:-
- Go to Magento install page> Settings> Web Setup wizard> extensions manager.
- Enter the access keys that you created > select the themes from the marketplace > click on the install button.
- After theme installation, go to Content> Configuration> and change settings to customize.
- Upload the business logo and change other elements of the store.
- Go to Content> Elements to add widgets and menus to structure the site.
- Customize other elements page in websites, design, and SEO.
Step 6: Integrate Third-party Extensions
Magento 2 comes with a huge number of extensions. It helps to add new features and functionalities to your new store.
You can search or filter the extensions as per your requirements and price. Select them by adding them to the cart and then install them in the Magento store.
There are free and paid Magento 2 extensions available to add several functionalities. You may need extensions for security, marketing, analytics tracking, payment gateways, and shipping purposes.
Step 7: Add and Configure Products
Now, you set up the Magento 2 store completely. The next step is to set your product pages with prices and tags. It will take a few steps to add your products to sell online.
Follow: Go to Catalog> Products> Add Products > and categorize them.
You need to add a name, price, and Stock-keeping unit (SKU) number. Also, you can upload weight, dimensions, stock quantity, and a description of each product.
Next, upload an image or video of your products to display to your customers. For selling downloadable products, you should add a photo or graphics for the customers.
After adding the product, click on the Save button in the top right corner. Launch the product online by switching the toggle on.
Step 8: Set up Payment and Shipping Methods
Setting up payments and shipping options is crucial for smooth online shopping. Magento 2 supports all the payments gateways, such as Paypal, Braintree, and BlueSnap.
You can configure shipping methods by following these steps. Go to stores> Settings> Configurations> Sales> Delivery methods.
You can also set up shipping to multiple address options. There is an option for you to define the maximum order quantity. Also, install Magento 2 payment extensions for shipping methods and configure them.
Step 9: Preview and Launch your Website
Testing the site is mandatory to avoid compatibility issues between themes and extensions. It is best to develop the site locally, make changes and push all your Magento files to the server.
Check the preview and test the site before launching to the web. Go live and let your users enjoy your Magento 2 online store.
Magento 2 is gaining popularity because of its responsive and powerful features. It empowers your business by creating a smooth and fast online website.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s build your eCommerce business using Magento 2 to reach potential customers.