Building a website is not enough for a business. You should choose the right platform that creates an eCommerce store effectively. The process of web application development is quite complex and time-consuming. An eCommerce store should appeal to customers to shop for your products online. Hence, there are many platforms available to create web applications.
🔥 But you are stuck between two popular platforms. Confuse which one to choose – Joomla or Magento.
Both platforms offer different services to build websites and online stores. Are you facing any difficulty choosing between them? Then, read this guide.
Table of Contents
Understanding Magento 2 Platform
Magento is an open-source platform that helps users to develop online stores to reach more customers. You can build an attractive and user-friendly eCommerce website for selling products and services.
Since 2008, Magento has been released in various versions to meet the needs and expectations of the eCommerce market. Adobe Commerce acquired this platform in 2018. Small and large businesses can benefit from Magento. Since it was written in the PHP programming language. Also, developers can store the data using MySQL and MariaDB.
Pros and Cons of Magento 2 eCommerce Platform
- Build responsive websites with cross-browser compatibility.
- Optimize the Magento 2 websites to make them SEO-friendly and easy to discover on search engine pages.
- Get the analytical tools to track the website performance and evaluate results.
- Able to improve the loading speed.
- Avail a vast list of third-party plugins and easy to integrate them.
- It is difficult to configure tools as compared to Joomla.
- Web hosting requires a lot of space, which slows down a website’s loading speed.
- Comparatively, it is expensive.
Understanding about Joomla Ecommerce Platform
Joomla is a free content management system for publishing web content. It can help in building interactive websites for your business. You can easily manage the content and edit it on your website. Joomla is popular for developing web content applications.
Same as Magento, the real power of Joomla is it’s an open-source platform. An eCommerce store can use web content applications to drive more traffic. You can cover the traffic into sales with responsive templates for various platforms. It was built using the OOPS programming language and written in PHP. Databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL are used to store information.
Pros and Cons of Joomla
- Over 6000 third-party extensions are available for enhancing your website’s performance.
- In-built themes to build attractive Joomla online stores and save you time in building themes from scratch.
- Avail marketing tools to drive organic visitors to the web application.
- Support different languages for multi-stores.
- Approximately 2 million websites are running on this platform currently.
- Provide security features to prevent unauthorized access.
- Allow to manage the web links and analyze the search engine ranking.
- Site workers can access the files they need.
- The loading speed of the Joomla stores is much slower than the Magento 2 stores.
- You don’t have to pay to integrate basic features, but hosting comes with money.
Comparison: Magento or Joomla
- Magento is an e-commerce platform that provides all kinds of services to create online stores. Joomla is a CMS platform for building websites and web applications.
- Roy Rubin founded Magento and was acquired by Adobe later. On the other side, Joomla was created by Open Source Matters Incorporation.
- Adobe Magento 2 Commerce offers analytical tools to analyze customer actions. Joomla platform uses plugins to track the activities and performance.
- Joomla allows customization but requires more time and expertise. Magento 2 provides features that are easy to implement and allow to customize efficiently.
- Magento 2 and other versions are expensive for small enterprises. Joomla is a much cheaper option than Magento.
- A Magento website provides better online visibility and shopping cart performance.
Magento stores take much time and effort for installation. It is easy to install a Joomla web content application.
So, which is the right platform: Magento or Joomla
This article cleared the difference between Joomla and Magento platforms. It is easy to choose one of them according to your preferences and business goals. Decide what features you want and how much you can spend before you choose the platform.
Magento is the ideal platform for large enterprises with thousands of products to sell to a global audience. Joomla works best for startups and small businesses. If you need a Magento 2 online store, hire our best Magento development team for your business.