Take the step to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2. It will build a high-performing and profitable Online Ecommerce Store. After releasing the latest version, Magento Data Migration has become an essential way to improve the performance of the Magento store. Magento 2 is the number one choice for E-commerce Store Owners. It brings a lot of new features, including full-page caching, fast loading speed, a user-friendly check-out method, etc.
50% of Magento Stores considered Magento 2 Migration for various advantages. So, Let’s look at the reasons which tell you why it is wise to migrate to Magento 2. The following Magento 2 Migration Features will give you a quick overview:
Flexible to Use:
Improved Shopping Experience
Enhanced Customer Engagements
Before Magento Migration, you should know some points for avoiding problems such as data loss or corrupted functionality: –
- Create a backup to store files, folders, and the database.
- Store the previous theme by creating a clone of your Magento 1 store.
- Avoid using the live store during the Magento migration process.
- Consult Magento developers and audit Magento 1 Store.
- Create new current themes, extensions, and custom code with Magento 2.
- Store the data on the cloned database of the Magento 1 stores.
- Remove the outdated extensions, data logs, etc.
- Try to install a fresh Magento 2 store on the same server.
How to Migrate Data from Magento 1 to Magento 2?
The Data Migration Process is divided into four stages. Magento Migration Service is explained in the simplified manner below!
Theme MigrationIt is not possible to migrate the Magento 1 theme to Magento 2. However, store owners can set up a Magento 2 theme. You can go for a customization process to replicate the previous theme. Our Magento theme Developers can create a custom theme to meet your business goals.
Extension MigrationAs there’s no official tool to migrate extensions from Magento 1 to Magento 2. So, it is impossible to install and configure Magento 1 Extension to Magento 2. It is possible to add compatible Magento 2 extensions with the same features. Certified Magento Developers can integrate extensions to your new Magento store or develop custom extensions from scratch.
Custom Code MigrationMagento 2 Store runs on custom code, as it is an open-source eCommerce platform. Use a Code Migration Toolkit to easily migrate the custom code to Magento 2.
Data MigrationThe last step is to transfer all the data from your website. Data Migration will store valuable data and adjust it to the new Magento 2 store. The data can be scored:
- Store configurations
- Sales data
- Orders data
What is Magento Data Migration Tool and what is it used for?
- Checks Magento’s database structures to convert into cloned.
- Monitors progress while migrating data to Magento 2 Database;
- Keep track of logs and run confirmation tests.
- Recreation of Magento 1 data, setting, and design while migrating to Magento 2.
- More Purchases: Migration to Magento 2 offers instant purchase features with a fast-checkout process. It also decreases abandoned shopping cart rates.
- Increase in Sales: Elasticsearch feature can increase the efficiency of online shopping. It can lead to a high conversion rate with a simple search and buy process of products.
- High-conversation rates: Magento 2 sites are compatible with any mobile device and run smoothly on any browser. It also creates more engagements and turns into more orders. It will show high growth in your business income.