Change is constant. This line goes well with the topic that we are about to discuss. Magento 2 platform is now the ideal choice for developing online stores. This open-source platform brings innovation and amazing benefits. That is the reason more store owners and big companies are moving to Magento.
As you know, since 2020, Merchants are using Magento 2 over Magento 1. There are various reasons Magento 1 life has ended. Through this article, we will show why you should think about migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2.
- Fraud Prevention: Magento 1 doesn’t support security patches to prevent frauds or threats. Hackers can easily reach the stores as they cannot provide any security patches. Your eCommerce website may get inactivated or not function well.
- Lack of maintenance: One of the biggest drawbacks is that it does not provide features for fixing bugs and errors. Magento versions such as Magento open-source and Magento commerce will not function well due to lack of maintenance and no quality fixing feature.
- No Extension Support: Due to lack of maintenance, installation of any third-party extension requires more effort. Also, extensions don’t support new security patches, which results in more exposure of your website to threats.
- Technical Issues: After June 2020, Magento 1 developers and store owners do not get any support to run their online websites. Thus, it becomes hard to manage the site when there are any technical glitches.
Better Performance and Scalability
Technologies used for high performance and scalability:-
- Varnish Cache: Magento 2 takes advantage of the Varnish caching system to make web pages load fast. It saves the regularly accessed pages and content elements to improve the speed of the Magento 2 store.
- Lower HTTP Requests: It manages the large traffic from servers using new features and functionality. An improved hosting environment distributes requests from users on many servers and maintains store loading speed.
- Use PHP7 Magento is written in PHP 7 to optimize the performance and establish a scalable store.
Improved User Interface
User-Friendly Admin Panel
- Ease of Use: Magento 1 had an outdated admin panel that made navigation difficult for the users. It was frustrating for store owners to access all the important information. Magento 2 provides a new dashboard to make the backend operations easier to manage than before.
- Admin Dashboard Facilities: New dashboard offers better insights. Merchants can view new orders, top search keywords, last orders, average sales per category, no. of shipping orders, etc in one place. Also, it configures products and customizes data grids.
Magento 2 Security Patches
Some on-page SEO features are Rich snippets, meta tags, and meta descriptions. They help the site crawl faster by search engines. Canonical tags eliminate duplicate content problems.
Enhanced Customer Experience
- Mobile-friendly: Magento 2 themes can design responsive websites for both smartphones and tablets. They can easily adjust to small screens of mobile devices.
- Code migration toolkit: This tool can help to migrate to Magento 2. The code migration toolkit reduces the time and cost of migration. It also consumes a less amount of data and migrates the data much easier.
Migrate to Magento 2 provides you with various benefits If you know how to approach customers. Using the right set of tools can help you engage more customers and improve your
Don’t forget to share your ideas or any issues you need help with. Magemart.com offers installation services and customized extension services to grow your business.